WRS970CIHZ Can Whirlpool Appliance HANDLES be swapped out for KitchenAid Appliance HANDLES?

pgtr

Premium Member
QUESTION: Can current Whirlpool Appliances (French door or side-by-side and wall ovens for example) accept handles from equivalent KitchenAid appliances?

KitchenAid handle:
feature-p140107-3z.tif

We're planning a small home build for retirement. We're going w/ a French door refrigerator (probably), 36-in gas cooktop, 30-in wall oven, microwave above oven (countertop w/ panel), dishwasher. For the appliance package we're looking at Whirlpool. But like a couple of features of the KitchenAid line - specifically:
  • KitcheAid handles - straight 'bar' type (for aesthetics)
  • KitchenAid Oven racks with ball bearings
  • KitchenAid Dishwashers generally quieter, lower dB
Overall I suspect KitchenAid appliances largely share a lot if not most internal functional components and the price difference is branding, some features and aesthetics.

QUESTION: Can service replacement KitchenAid handles be ordered and replace the original Whirpool handles w/ the KitchenAid handles? Or do the holes etc just not align/fit?

QUESTION: Can additional sound insulation be packed around a Whirlpool dishwasher inside the cabinet enclosure to mitigate sound? Enough to make a difference? (the door itself would still probably be the major source of sound leakage)

(I've got a 25-year old KitchenAid dishwasher that I'll be giving up which is very quiet (and fairly easy to repair)

Examples from specific 2019/2020 models:

French door refrigerator: Whirlpool WRF767SDHZ accept handles from KitchenAid KRFF507HPS

Wall oven: Whirlpool WOS51EC0HS accept handles from KitchenAid KOST100ESS

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid are the same company. Kitchen Aid is Whirlpools high end appliances. Even though the parts might look similar, unless they have the same part number, there's probably a difference. It's usually the cosmetic parts that are different, like holes not lining up. The handles on the two ovens don't even look the same:
HANDLE.jpg

pgtr

Premium Member
Yep, Whirlpool owns KitchenAid brand - that's why I was hoping handles 'might' interchange. But yeah - that's a good point - the cosmetic pieces are the exact ones that probably would NOT interchange.