WRS975SIDM00 Ice Dispenser and Ice Maker Not Working

philly33flyers

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS975SIDM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool WRS975SIDM00 that is only 4 months outside of the 1 year warranty and I've been having some issues with it.

First the ice dispenser stopped working. When you pushed the paddle for ice, you can hear the dispenser door open but no ice ever came out. I did some research and found the most common issue to be the auger motor. I replaced the auger motor and the dispenser is still not dispensing ice.

Second, the ice maker stopped making ice. This issue seems unrelated as this just stopped working recently - almost 1 month after the dispenser stopped working which was the initial problem. I took apart the ice maker and found there was frozen ice in the tray that had just not flipped over and dumped into the bin. I emptied the tray and hooked everything back up but after 24 hours it seems that there is no water going into the ice tray. I am still getting water out of the water dispenser though.

I am getting extremely frustrated with this as the repair men/women in the area are seemingly incompetent and are just guessing as to which part out of many parts it can be without doing any diagnosis whatsoever. I feel like I am just wasting money by calling these people out to "fix" my ice maker.

I am hoping that someone here can provide some assistance as I am fairly competent at accomplishing my own repairs if directions or the proper service manuals are available. Thanks in advance!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Access the main control board behind the machine. On the control board, locate connector P3 and P1. Measure the voltage across P3-5 (blu/blk wire) and P1-2 (blk wire). Your meter should indicate 0V. Open the freezer door, meter should indicate 120 Volts AC.

Set your meter to measure DC volts and measure the voltage across:

P4-1 (org/blk wire) and P4-4 (blk/wht wire)= 14 VDC

P3-7 (blu wire) and P3-8 (gry wire) =130-140 VDC when the ice paddle is pressed.

P7-3 (org wire) and P7-4 (yel wire) = 14 VDC

P7-5 (red wire) and P7-6 blk wire = 14 VDC

If any of the voltage readings are incorrect, replace the main board: WPW10743957 Cntrl-Elec

philly33flyers

Premium Member
Rick,

Thank you for the very detailed response. I just want to be sure of a couple of things before I proceed as I've never actually used a volt meter, but am pretty sure I can figure it out easily.

You are talking about the connectors that are connected to the control board that is behind the display on the dispenser correct? When I took this apart yesterday I saw 3 connectors - 2 small ones on either side with 3 or 4 wires each that I assume were for the water and ice paddles as well as a larger connector that appeared to provide power to the panel.

I wasn't looking very closely, but I don't think i saw and P markings anywhere. Are they marked on the board as to which connector is which?

Thanks again and I apologize for the additional dumb questions.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
No, the main control board is behind the machine. If you click on the link I gave you you'll see what it looks like.