• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRT311FZDM00 Whirlpool fridge not cooling ,upper part

ErnestoF

Premium Member
Model Number
WRT311FZD
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone ,
I have an issue with this fridge , the bottom part seams to be cooling ok,but on the freezer section all the food and ice are warm,compressor running normally(checked for amp draws) ,heater working and I also replaced the termistor but I continue having issues with it,should I check pressures at this point?,
I remember seeing a service bulletin on this model just cant find it any more,can some one help me with this situation please?any help will be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I remember seeing a service bulletin on this model just cant find it any more
Hi,

It seems I remember one too, but I can't locate it. I asked our other tech. bigbuck if he can find it, so hold tight.

Jake

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
This is what i found.Instruction Sheet
for Freezer Compartment Frost Kit If needed!

Attachments

Last edited:

ErnestoF

Premium Member
The problem that Im having with this fridge its that freezer temperatures are above normal,all the food on the freezer area its soft,and no ice production because of the temperature

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Yes ErnestoF, do what bigbuck said to do, because that's exactly what I was going to tell you to do as well.

What's the serial number of your refrigerator?

Jake

ErnestoF

Premium Member
Im sorry for my super late response,Ill try to stay on top of this forum,
I installed a service valve and pressures where low,I leak check the system with no luck,I wasn't able to find the leak anywhere,I work for a apartment complex 460 units,and its weird because this is no the only fridge that we had with this symptom,last year we replaced about 8 refrigerators with the same exact same problems .we decided to buy a new replacements instead of wasting money and time on repairs .