FIXED WRT359SFYM00 Whirlpool Refrigerator - Dripping water inside

GeorgiaPeach7

Premium Member
Model Number
WRT359SFYM00
Brand
Whirlpool
My tenant said the refrigerator in our rental house works fine but water keeps leaking on the inside of the freezer and refrigerator. The water in the freezer obviously freezes and has to be chipped out every so often. The refrigerator portion leaks inside the refrigerator. It is not constant it just happens randomly. Here is a video. Whirlpool 7 yrs old

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lets finish with your first one before we start a 2nd one.:)

We need to know the outcome here first:

Jake

GeorgiaPeach7

Premium Member
Well, unfortunately I have two issues, two refrigs. The tenant appliance now takes precedance and I’ll have to fix it first. I’ll update on my other one soon for sure

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thats fine.

For the water dripping its likely your drain hole is clogged up preventing that defrost drain water from going into the drain hole and down to the drain pan underneath the refrigerator.

Here's the parts diagram:

#19 is the drain trough that's located underneath the evaporator coil. Unplug the refrigerator and Remove the back panel inside the freezer, then you have good access to it.

Get a heat gun or hair dryer and hot water to clear all the ice out.

Also run something down the drain hole after you clear all the ice out, as well as hot water down the drain hole.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Cooler-Spider-Snake__CLR4690.aspx

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake