• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRV986FDEM Whirlpool freezer drawer bin removal

Steve Reber

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV986FDEM
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello Friends,

I have been unable to figure out how to remove the freezer drawer bins, without breaking them, for cleaning. Can one of you friendly, helpful people that knows please help?
I can hardly believe it is not easier to find instructions on how to do this properly. Hopefully a response to this question will help somebody else as well.

In case you don't know the model, this is a five door, french door style with two swing open doors on top, two quick access pull out frig drawers, and a large pull our freezer drawer on the bottom.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond!

-Steve

PS- I do have another question about resetting the water filter alarm, I replaced the water filter but light still comes on and beeping occurs every time we dispense water. I would appreciate help with that as well, I'll admit I didn't search that topic here yet...

Steve Reber

Premium Member
Well, I found a parts diagram and convinced myself I should be able to remove piece I am going to call a drawer stop. Pics attached, hope this helps somebody else.
Cheersremove drawer stops.jpgdrawer stops.jpg

After I clean the freezer, I'll work the water filter alarm issue. I'll update in separate thread

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Shamgarr

Very bottom drawer

Hi Steve,

Yes, looks like you got it.:)

Here's the owner's manual for your model: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87tykoge60vduw5/User%20Instructions%20WRV986FDEM.pdf?dl=0

It starts at Page 6.

Jake
This helped with the top drawer of the freezer (thanks!) but I can't figure out the bottom freezer drawer. There are metal tracks that have a release in the back but the tracks still don't come out when I push them in with a screwdriver. Whirlpool could have done a TON better in making this model easier to clean.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its on page 8 of the owner's manual I posted above, where it says Freezer Drawer

Jake