• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRV986FDEM00 Whirlpool 5 dr fridge -beeps and PO displayed on panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celia E. Gonzalez

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV986FDEM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Fridge 2.5 yr old fridge, new filter has not resolved issues. Refrigerator works perfectly.
Problem: every so many minutes beeps 6 times- “PO” and “confirm” blinks on display panel- ice maker not working- freezer not freezing and powers off for a few seconds then powers back on.
Have checked outlets, switched to different outlet, unplugged for a few minutes, turned breaker off and back on problems continue. HELP PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Have you done this below?

Power Outage
The Power Outage indicator lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been off, and the freezer temperature has risen to 18°F (-8°C) or higher.
The control panel temperature display will read “PO,” and an alert tone will sound three times. “Confirm” will blink until you acknowledge the power outage by pressing MEASURED FILL under “Confirm.”
Once the power outage has been confirmed, the “PO” will disappear, and the display will return to the Home screen.

Have you had any power outages? Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and make sure your plug is tight in the electrical outlet.

Jake

Celia E. Gonzalez

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
We’ve unplugged it and pugged it back in. We checked and reset every GFCI or GFI or whatever they are called just in case and no luck. I will cry now... lol

Celia E. Gonzalez

Premium Member
We’ve done all that Jake. Pressing “CONFIRM” will stop the beeping for about 5 mins. Then we have to “confirm” again for another 5 mins... and again and again and so on...
To answer your question, we did not have a power outage. So it makes it even weirder.
We’ll rent a fridge (what a joke) and unplug ours for a couple of days and just hopefully that will resolve the issue if in case it has frost buildup.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm puzzled myself too then,

Wait, I found this thread:

Then this thread:

So.. something weird just happened... I decided that I wanted to record a video to upload so people could actually see the issue. I plugged it in and left one door open and recorded the rebooting issue. Then I decided to record a video of me pushing the measured fill button.

After pushing the measured fill button for a second time, the refrigerator stayed on and is working.

So perhaps holding the two buttons resolved the issue or reset something so the refrigerator could work.. I am not sure. I am going to let it run to make sure that it is stable and then pull the power again and see if it will fine.

--->After pushing the measured fill button for a second time, the refrigerator stayed on and is working.<---TRY THAT.

Jake

Bobzand

Premium Member
Hi I am having the exact same problem as Celia.... was there ever a way to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bob,

Please start a new thread with your model number, this thread is 2 years old.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.