• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRX735SDBM00, Ice maker not getting water, nothing happens when placing wire in T & H holes

JonnyRay

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I am getting water through the water dispenser, but not to the ice maker. I have removed the cover and placed a wire between the t&h hole but it did not trigger any ice maker function. Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jonny,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mkEgqVSlgucPjmKx24r0kZBoAywVNuRE

Service Test 25 - Water Dispensing and Icemaker fill test. It does say jump T & H holes, but I think that's a misprint, because T & H should start the harvest cycle then it will fill with water towards the end.

You used your multimeter to volt test between "L" and "N" on the ice maker module test points? You may have a black thermal in-line fuse on the ice maker wire harness, if that fails, you will get no voltage to the ice maker.

The ice maker looks a little different from the earlier ones but works the same way. Access the ice maker power module and locate holes "T" and "H". Use a piece of insulated wire and short "T" and "H". This starts the harvest cycle.

Once the harvest cycle starts remove the wire. You'll probably need to hold the door switch during the harvest cycle.

The last 7-10 seconds of the harvest cycle is the fill cycle. Insert your meter leads into holes "V" and "N" and watch for 120 VAC at the end of the harvest cycle. If the ice maker doesn't start a harvest cycle or if you don't have 120 VAC during the fill cycle, replace the ice maker.

(click to enlarge)
New style IM.jpg

Its possibly a bad ice maker, they have upgraded the ice maker for your model.

Here's the upgraded ice maker for your model(Installation Instructions Included):
Ice Maker Assembly W10882923

Jake

JonnyRay

Premium Member
I've test the ice maker and was able to trigger the cycle and was able to get 120v. Still no water. Would the next step be to replace the smart valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then its Possibly the ice maker side of your dual water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the dual water inlet valve for your model, which is located inside the refrigerator:
67006322 Valve, Dual Water

Here's the instructions to change it:

1. Turn water off to unit.
2. Disconnect water line that supplies water tank from water supply.
3. Remove crispers and shelves from right side of fresh food compartment.
4. Remove covers on back bulkhead by inserting screwdriver in slots to release tabs.
5. Disconnect water line from outlet of tank to inlet of water valve by pressing tubing collar in and pulling water tube out of valve.

I'm not sure this video is the same as per your model, but it looks like it is.:)

https://www.repairclinic.com/Video/Video-Landing/2066-/Whirlpool-Refrigerator-Water-Inlet-Valve-W10349187

Let me know please if it is or not.:)

Jake

JonnyRay

Premium Member
I replaced the smart water valve and I'm still not getting water to the ice tray. The ice maker continues to cycle even though it's not making ice.

Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Remove the electrical connector on the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then Test the voltage when it cycles and see if you get 120 volts on your meter.

Jake

JonnyRay

Premium Member
I replaced the valve and the ice maker and wiring kit. I now have ice, but I think the water is overflowing and freezing in the collection bin. I have ice cubes and a layer of ice on the bottom of the collection bin.

Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean when the ice maker puts water in the ice tray mold it overflows?

If so, you have a defective ice maker, where did you buy it at?

Because the ice maker tells the water inlet valve when to stop filling.

Jake

JonnyRay

Premium Member
I have bought two ice makers now. One from Amazon, and one from AppliancePartsPros. The fridge is now making large chunks of ice which don't go through the door mechanism..which is better than no ice but still frustrating. It appears that the water is overflowing the tray and causing big chunks of ice to form in the ice cube tray. On top of that, any water that spills into the ice receptacle bin forms more icebergs until I have to empty out big blocks of ice from my receptacle.

- - - Updated - - -

What tells the water to stop filling? because that may be the solution to my problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The water inlet valve, but you already replaced that didn't you?

What was the part number of the water inlet valve you replaced?

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WPW10349187

I just noticed the water inlet valve I posted in post #4 is the wrong one for your model, sorry about that. I must of had another window tab open for another members ice maker water inlet valve.

You can send it back for a full refund, less shipping.

Jake