WRX735SDBM00 Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Filling

rowcon

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
My whirlpool ice maker has not been producing ice for some time. The water dispenser works just fine, so it's not a water supply issue. I have initiated a harvest cycle (jumpering the T & H ports, and the motors appear to be doing what they're supposed to do. I have verified that the ice maker fill valve is functional by applying voltage directly to the terminals using a suicide cord and witnessing water exit the ice maker fill tube. I'm thinking the wire harness between the ice maker and fill valve is not supplying voltage. If that's the case, is there test I can perform to verify this? Is there maybe a fuse somewhere that could be blown or would it be a bad board and the whole ice maker need to be replaced? I appreciate any advice you could give. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This happened to me in Parker, Arizona. I only got 48 volts to that electrical connector, so I ordered the ice maker kit and that fixed it.:)

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order(Installation Instructions Included):
Ice Maker Assembly W10882923

Jake

rowcon

Premium Member
Jake - thank you for the quick response. So, if the feed to the Ice Maker Solenoid is never receiving 120V, is there any further I can dig, or do you feel it's a PCB-level issue and the only fix is to replace the Ice Maker using the kit you referenced? I appreciate your advice!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Right, if your not getting 120 volts at the ice maker side solenoid of the water inlet valve it will never fill with water to make ice, no further digging is needed, just order the ice maker kit I posted above and you'll be back in business.:)

Jake