• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

WRX735SDBM00 Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice Maker not harvesting

AE003

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Ice maker stopped filling or harvesting ice.

Both myself and appliance repairman replaced the ice maker with no positive results. Appliance repairman suggested replacing the control board, but didn’t do any diagnostics to ensure the control board is the issue. Are there some checks I can do to verify the control board is at fault?

Here is what has been done so far:
-ice maker replaced twice. Bought from Sundberg
-jumped V to L and water filled
-verified fan running
-jumped T to H and no action when in test 25 or when holding down the door switch.
-verified continuity on VT wire with fuse in ice maker

That's very odd, did the tech. also replace the wire harness that came with the new ice maker too?

I've replaced many of these same ice makers and all worked fine when I was done.

Here's the ice maker kit for your model:
Ice Maker W10882923

It comes with new wiring that you MUST replace as well.:)

Watch this video:

Harness was replaced in both ice makers that were tried. I also checked continuity across the ice maker harness to verify no broken wires.

It still presents the following:
- ice maker water fill works of jumped
- auger runs with door panel
- fan runs
- ice maker will not run a harvest cycle manually or automatically

Ok, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, and you can trace back the ice maker wiring to make sure your getting proper voltage to it.

--->Looks like its connector P3 Pin 3 on the main control board, where its says IM

Just put your meter probe on that P3 Pin 3 and the other meter probe on the WH(white) wire coming at Connector P1 Pin 2 and see if you get 120 volts, if not, then it is the main control board that's bad.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board W11035835

Its also in-stock at Appliancepartspros: W11035835.

Attachments

• techsheet-w10525816-reva (1).pdf
    198.1 KB · Views: 35
Checking voltage between P3-3 and P1-2 yielded 120V.

Could it be a solenoid inside of the ice box?

Could it be a solenoid inside of the ice box?
Not that I'm aware of.

Are you absolutely sure your FORCE CYCLING IT PROPERLY?

Read post #5 on HOW TO JUMP T and H to do a FORCE CYCLE in this thread:

ALSO--->Put your multimeter PROBES in L and N on the ice maker module you should get 120 volts, make sure you hold the door switch in when doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back