• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRX735SDBM00 Whirlpool Refrigerator not making ice

klp22

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
My icemaker slowed considerably. I was overdue on changing the filter. I changed the filter, flushed the water and the water dispenser works fine. Icemaker would not produce ice. Unplugged fridge to reboot. Icemaker made one tray and then one lone ice cube. Tray then refilled but would not empty the mold. Disassembled the icemaker, melted the ice in the mold. Reassembled and still no ice. Temperature is between 0-5 degrees and no other obvious problems when disassembled. Checked water line and it is not kinked.

klp22

Premium Member
It just did one time. Now it will not fill. I also question whether power went out briefly (for what it is worth) during this time due to the extreme cold temperatures.

I just wanted to double check. Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, access the ice maker power module and locate holes "T" and "H". Use a short piece of insulated wire bent in the shape of a "U" and short holes T and H together. You may need to hold the door switch in. If the ice maker starts a harvest cycle, immediately remove the wire. At the end of the harvest cycle is the fill cycle. If the ice maker fills the water valve is OK.
R-IM T H.jpg