WRX735SDBM04 Whirlpool French Door Fridge not producing ice

jorusi63

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM04
Brand
Whirlpool
We have a Whirlpool French Door Fridge that stopped making ice. So far, I've replaced the filter, ran it through the cleaning cycle for a new filter and still no ice. We had an extended warranty on it, so I called in for a repair. The warranty company sent a repairman who showed up with a brand new ice maker and installed it. However, when he removed the old icemaker, he found that the fill tube and the water chute going into the ice maker were frozen solid. He told us to leave the ice bin out and the temp of the fridge would thaw it out. It didn't, it just made the fridge so cold that it froze the pop cans and some exploded. I reported back to the warranty company that the ice maker was still not working and they opted to just buy out instead of sending the repairman back.

I'd like to repair this and I'm thinking that it is the water inlet valve, but I wanted to double check to see if there was something else I should be looking at.

Thanks!

jackofalltrades

Appliance Tech
Well that was a brilliant idea he had..lol

I would remove the ice maker and defrost the ice maker and the inlet tube with a hair dryer set on LOW heat or unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours with the doors open then replace the inlet valve: Water Inlet Valve W11043013

ps- Use only low heat. Anything higher and you risk melting the plastic materials in the compartment. Best is to unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours

jorusi63

Premium Member
Ok, we unplugged the fridge for 24 hours and let everything thaw. Bought a new water inlet valve and installed. Icemaker started working again. But now it won't stop making ice. Icemaker is also brand new. Husband said the kitchen floor was flooded, and the icemaker was so full that it was overflowing. Any ideas?