• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRX735SDHZ Whirlpool slow making ice.

CraigD

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDHZ
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ that I replaced the original ice maker after about 18 months when it stopped making ice. The replacement was another original (no wire harness) and that worked for about another year before ice production slowed to about 1-2 trays per day (rather suddenly). I purchased another ice maker, W10882923, that I had to replace it and the entire harness (Type B?). After install the ice production was still slow at about 2 trays per day. I have also replaced the water filter with no results. If I bring the freezer temp down to -5 instead of the recommended 0 degrees, I get some increase in production but not as it should be. Fridge and freezer temps are fine (my ice cream is rock solid). It is almost as if the fan stopped working and the cubes only freeze from residual cold though I feel cold air from the vent on the side of the unit inside the fridge.

I have also cleaned the dust from the coils under the unit. Water flow is great, it fills and dispenses and the ice is the proper size. Its just slow...
:wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Craig,

So you don't hear the ice maker fan running that blows the cold freezer air into the ice maker room?

I asked our tech. bigbuck if he has the tech. data sheet for your model. If so then you can get into diagnostics to test that fan.

Here's the ice maker fan for your model:
WPW10308033 Motor-Evap

Watch this video to access it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Jake