WSF26C3EXF01 Whirlpool Ice maker not working

Martins67

Model Number
WSF26C3EXF01
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model WSF26C3EXF01 that the ice maker is not working. We bought it new in 2013. The ice maker has stopped working in the past, on a few occasions, and have had service guys come out to repair. The first time he replace the ice maker, second time they replaced the “optic board”. Now this is third time he says it has power 120v at the bottom of the door but not at control for the ice maker? He says that there is a break in the wires in the door somewhere, says it can’t be fixed. He says I need a new door which costs $1000.00 +. How can a wire break in a door without any movement? I can not see any infra red light when I look at it. I have bin removed and flap pressed and the door switch pressed.everything else works water dispenses, light at water and ice dispenser, and display. Is there a way I can check power and where? Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You don't need a new door.:) You can solder or use wire nuts to put the wires back together.

Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker to be dead. --->Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem

Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, I'd remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know how it goes.

Jake