• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WT1101CW OE error code on LG washer - won't drain, pump motor works when connected to outside source

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash1

Premium Member
Model Number
WT1101CW
Brand
LG
LG washer gets to spin cycle and won't drain. OE code is displayed. Manual says for safety reasons, washer will automatically drain in 4 minutes after OE code is shown. This did not happen. Drained the machine with hose & manually scooped it out. Checked drain hoses (at proper height) and found no clogs. Called LG and used SmartDiagnosis and result was "call local LG service rep for repair." Continued to try to figure this out on my own. Drain pump motor spins when connected to outside power source. Checked PIN connections on control board. No visual problems. What's next??? Sure would like to avoid service call.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Look here, same exact model, same exact error code OE: FIXED: WT1101CW LG top load washer will not drain, error code OE

And Page 2: FIXED: WT1101CW LG top load washer will not drain, error code OE/page2

Post #13 where wild says this: Check the connectors at the drain pump to make sure they're secure and the wires have not broken off the connectors. I've found some drain pumps to do that. Next, check the wires between the drain pump and the control board to make sure they haven't been cut or damaged.

Use a multimeter and check the voltage at the drain pump electrical terminals when it calls to drain. If it's less that 110 volts, change the board.:)

Then jeeper50 said: Replaced the PCB set it up in garage to do a cold wash and voila drains normally.

Your model uses the exact same PCB:
EBR76262102 PCB Assembly,main

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

dash1

Premium Member
Yes, I found those threads before posting. Checked all & none seemed to be the issue. I've ordered the PCB. Hope this fixes the problem. THANKS!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it should.:)

Keep us posted!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent dash1, glad to hear the new PCB board fixed yours too.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Closerb4

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I saw that in the troubleshooting manual as well. Any thoughts on the remainder of my issue? The hose is in the standard wall spout and my issue is as described. Siphoning wasn't an issue at the time of the spin cycle with 11 minutes remaining. I only tried to see if the new pump was too weak for some reason. The issue now can be summed up as the pump only running for a second or two tops before stopping and having the machine very slowly spin/calibrate and add a minute to the timer, then repeat for four minutes until the OE code starts and we finish with more time on the clock than we started with.
My last post has more context for my process of troubleshooting, so please check that out again before you recommend checking the hose for clogs or changing the PCB. ☺

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.