• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WT1101CW OE error code on LG washer

brett19648

Premium Member
Model Number
WT1101CW
Brand
LG
Hey,

I have a WT1101CW throwing an OE error code in a rental property. I already swapped a drain pump over from an older LG 5101HV that had the agitator go bad a few years back so I kept it around for spare parts.

I have only run the 25 minute rinse & spin cycle to see it in action and it did throw the OE code, but it agitated & spun properly. It also completely drained. The entire wash cycle was essentially over when it threw the code. I also heard a slight grinding type of noise. I turned the machine off (drained completely) then around 5 minutes later it said "dr" and sounded as though it was trying to drain again but there was no water to drain.

Unfortunately the control boards are not the same on the 5101HV and the 1101CW.

Should a replacement EBR76262102 control board solve the problem?
Could a sensor that I may be able to swap over from the 5101HV need replacing?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rick helped another member with your exact same model and exact same problem:

Other members had this issue, Look here:

This is the main board for your model WT1101CW:
EBR76262102 PCB Assembly,main

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, but make sure it comes with a warranty

Its always best to get OEM parts from appliance parts stores like AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic and they Always have a 365 day warranty on ALL parts.

Jake

brett19648

Premium Member
It’s a used control board but guaranteed to work. It was on eBay for $90. I didn’t really feel like spending $225+ on a new part for a 10 year old washing machine that I bought off Craigslist for $250. If I am going to spend that much I’d rather just put it towards a new washing machine or another used Craigslist find. The seller had a ton of feedback and 99% + positive rating. I think they’re a used appliance chop shop :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, lets hope it works.:)

Jake