• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WT7200CW LG Washer not agitating

VanMann654

Premium Member
Model Number
WT7200CW
Brand
LG
LG washing machine WT7200CW only a year and a half old. Within the first 3 months, it started making loud banging sounds when switching from drum spin to agitator spin. Under warranty at that time and the Clutch assembly was replaced by a technician. It has now stopped agitating. I removed the pulsator and the plastic gear is stripped on the agitator. I ordered a new pulsator (AGZ72909702) and the shaft size is incorrect. I then ordered a different part number (AGZ72909701) and same problem. The new pulsators I received have a metal insert for a smaller diameter shaft. My washer has a larger shaft about 1 inch in diameter. I will include a picture. Any idea of the correct p/n for the replacement pulsator. Cheap plastic part,, will probably happen again,,and again.Thanks

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is odd, I remember another person with this problem, but it was just the opposite:

I think that tech put the wrong clutch in it, what's the part number of the clutch he installed? The new clutches should have the smaller spline now. AGZ72909702 reverts back to AGZ72909701.

Washplate AGZ72909701

Jake

VanMann654

Premium Member
Problem solved. The larger spline on the clutch is actually the piece that came out of the pulsator wash plate. When I lifted the pulsator out,,the gear remained stuck on clutch. Had to pry it off with a screwdriver and revealed the normal spline. The replacement pulsator fits, Thank You

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, that explains it, good find. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake