• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WT7300CW LG top load washer - black flakes on clean clothes

Caramc30

Model Number
WT7300CW
Brand
LG
1 year old LG top loader black flakes: clutch assembly vs mold build up that won't quit?

We have a 1 year old LG top loader and are having a problem with black flakes on our clean clothes at the end of the cycle. This happened a few months back when we washed some heavy bed spreads using the bedding cycle. It finally washed away after multiple tub clean cycles. This week I again washed the same spreads with the bedding cycle and now having the problem again. But this time, after at least 10 tub clean cycles, the black flakes are persisting. I read an old post where the cause of black flakes was due to the clutch assembly leaking; but that person had a much older machine. Could this be our problem with a machine that is only 1 year old? Would washing heavy items cause the assembly to leak more readily? These spreads become very heavy when wet so curious if the added weight could cause the assembly to leak. It seems like if mold had build up it would have washed away with the amount of tub clean cycles I have done. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6722.JPG
    IMG_6722.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6727.JPG
    IMG_6727.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 38

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those are good questions, but I don't know the answers to them, I rarely work on LG products because they are not a popular machine in my area of western Arizona. Most folks here stay with the more reliable Maytag and Whirlpool Washers.

You will need to contact LG at 800-243-0000 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake