• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WTA3510 Bosch Axxis Dryer is dead

chaulser

Premium Member
Model Number
WTA3510
Brand
Bosch
Dryer is about 8 years old and has always worked flawlessly. Then, two days it ago it's simply didn't turn on, no lights, nothing…just completely dead. I checked the breakers, there's power at the outlet and the 15 amp fuses are both good. Anybody have any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I haven't worked on any Bosch Dyers, but I did locate the service manual for your model, I'm attaching it below.

Hope this helps.

Jake

Attachments

chaulser

Premium Member
Thanks for the help! Based on research I've done up to this point, it's most likely the on/off switch itself or the control module. When I get that figured out, I'll update.

Butch

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

chaulser

Premium Member
Ok, I get "0" resistance testing the control board at the pink plug/Heater E2, orange plug/Heater E3 or the yellow plug for drum motor/fan. However, at the little white plug/NTC R3 I get 30 ohms which is twice what the service manual calls for. What this means I'm not sure...other then if there's no resistance when there's supposed to be (calls for 25-29 ohms and I get zero/nothing) I assume this means the control module is no good. Right???

Do I even need to test the control module with the start/stop switch?

Thanks,

Butch

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I assume this means the control module is no good. Right???
Yes Butch, I would agree with you.

Go ahead and order the control board, but first what's the last digits of your model number? UC/13 or UC/4?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

chaulser

Premium Member
Okay…replaced the supply board and everything seems to work fine. After I put it in I tested it with my ohm meter and it had the same readings as the old one. Go figure. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Well, at any rate the dryer is working just fine. Thanks a bunch for all your help Jake!

Butch

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Butch, I'm glad to hear that your back in business.:)

Jake