• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WTD710PAYM6 Whirlpool Dishwasher stops after releasing soap

Isheily

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT710PAYM6
Brand
Whirlpool
My Dishwasher starts normal, but after it releases the soap, it does like 4 spins and stops. I turned off the circuit breaker and no change. When I run the diagnostic it gives me a 10-1 error for soap dispenser. Would that be it? I mean, the soap dispenser opens. I open and close the door and that seems to work sometimes. The latch has a good grab. Sometimes I don't even need to push start so it can continues, I just open and close it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, error code 10-1 is the dispenser, but that should not make the entire dishwasher stop running.

It sounds like a faulty wash(circulation) motor. When it stops like that, you can remove the electrical connector that connects to the wash motor, then put your meter leads in each one and then start it again and watch your meter and it should say 120 volts. If it does and your wash motor is not running, then your wash motor is the culprit.

Look here: FIXED: WDF510PAYSA Whirlpool dishwasher spray arms not spinning

That guy in that thread had the same problem, and his uses this same wash(circulation) motor as your model does. You can also remove it and ohm test it like he did, if you get no continuity then its bad.

Here's the wash(circulation) motor for your model you can order, if needed:
Circulation Motor WPW10510666

When you click the part link to the wash(circulation) motor you will see a video of HOW TO access it/replace it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Isheily

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think I was going to get one. Let me walk you through what my Dishwasher is doing exactly.
Fills, pre rinses fine, drains.
Fills, pre rinses again just fine, drains.
Fills, releases the soap, washes for 4 sprays( about 15 seconds) and stops. I can hear the timer going. It finishes that cycle without washing and drains.
Fills again, 4 sprays (about 15 seconds) and stops. It keeps moving the timer and drains.
Fills for the rinse cycle and works fine till the rest.
So, it rinses at the beginning and at the end, but won't wash.
Also, do I have to remove the wash motor to tested? If not, is there a video for that test. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, you don't need to remove the wash motor, just unsnap the electrical connector that connects to it and put your meter leads in each of the 2 wires and start the dishwasher, then after it fills see if you get a constant 120 volts when it should be washing.

You may need to pull your dishwasher out a little bit to get to that wash motor electrical connector.

Look at this photo below:

dishwash120volts.jpg

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Perfect!

So that means you are getting proper voltage to the wash motor, but the wash motor is not running properly. So you'd need to order and replace the wash motor and you should be back in business.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake