• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WTW4800XQ2 Whirlpool Washer fills then stops.

tseibring

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4800XQ2
Brand
Whirlpool
This is a common thing for some washers and most of the time it's the lid switch, but I can't seem to figure this one out. I put the washer in service mode and it has no codes. I decided to change the lid switch so I did but still doing it. I had an extra shifter which I know it good so I tried changing it out. Still doing it. I checked the light on the control panel and it was working. I also decided to run a calibration test and no luck. I ran a automatic cycle test and it went through it just fine but still won't start after filling up. What am I not seeing or doing right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it would be the control board that's bad. Because every part is working in the AUTOMATIC CYCLE TEST and you are getting NO ERROR CODES.

So it must be a software issue in the board.

Here's the control board for your model:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10480177-ap5645951_01_l.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
Ok I had a control panel in stock. I installed it and recalibrate it. Now it fills then about 5 minutes later it fills some more, then about 5 minutes it fills some more and finally starts washing and goes through the rest with no problems at all. I cleaned the water inlet screens thinking that might be it but nope. I decided to replace the water valve and load size switch and checked the level tube for a clog. Didn't change anything, still filling and filling and then starting to wash. I'm beginning to think it's a haunted washer. Anymore ideas Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Seems like its taking to long to fill.

Make sure the water pressure going into the machine is good, I always take the fills hoses off the machine and put them is a bucket and see how fast the water flows into the bucket, should be a good strong stream.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then this is a mystery.

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
From the first fill till it actually starts washing is 18 to 20 minutes. It will almost fill all the way then stop and run more water for about a minute then rest and do that again then finally after 18 minutes or so it will start washing. Weird.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you make sure the tub had NO WATER in the tub? AND did you BLOW THROUGH the pressure switch hose before you replaced the control board? BLOW THROUGH that pressure switch hose hard to see if you possibly have a clog in the AIR DOME where that other end of the pressure switch hose attaching to on the side of the outer tub assembly.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Thomas, yes keep us posted.

Jake