Status
Not open for further replies.

callherpetrol

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4900BW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I noticed last week when I had a load in that it was still on wash cycle. I was like okay, maybe I put it in earlier than I thought. It ran its course and that was it. Seemed fine. Well this morning I woke up to that familiar click sound. It was starting on its own and on the sensing part. Maybe random fluke, so I put a load in and noticed when it was done it went and started up another cycle. That's probably what happened last week when I thought my load was a lot longer than I thought it should of been. I turned it off and proceeded to look up troubleshooting.

Well finally unplugged it for awhile, I ran some tests, and no fault codes showed up (not that I know what I'm doing). When I was starting the diagnostic test doing the LRRRLR thing all of a sudden on one of the knob turns it started sensing and was ready to start a cycle. Thats without me pressing start. So whatever, tried it again, blah blah blah thought it was maybe going to work finally. Went to put some light stuff in and put it on normal cycle and it started to sense and the lid locked, then the lid unlocked and it wouldn't start. SOOOOOO, I doubt I screwed anything up by my basic tests.

I want to say the control board is messed up. I found the part number W10582042 and I can order it now. But I'm looking for a second opinion since I have no idea what I'm doing.

I don't want to spend 160 on something and that not be the thing wrong with it, but I don't want to spend any money getting a service guy out here. So any help appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Continuous Test Mode - I located a service bulletin on this issue, I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

callherpetrol

Premium Member
I ended up doing it twice. First time didn't work, but it seems like the second time it did. No idea why. But anyway, so far its actually running without restarting itself. As long as it keeps doing that and doesnt turn on randomly anymore I think we're good. Thank-you! I was anxiously waiting for your reply since you know what you're doing!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, yes hopefully that will take care of this issue permanently.

Sounds like it will, didn't want you to spend nearly $300 on a new control board when its not needed.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tom, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for letting us know!

Jake

Intrudercj

Hi,

Continuous Test Mode - I located a service bulletin on this issue, I'm attaching it below.

Jake
Thank you so very much ... I have a Kenmore Series 400 and it was in the continuous test loop... followed the directions in the PDF and it fixed it the first time ... thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.