• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WTW5000DW0 Whirlpool Washer - Darn thing still squeals on spin sometimes

CinD1102

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi there I have a whirlpool washer serial number WTW5000DW0. Recently our agitator we discovered went out after ordering that part and went to replace it, soon we realized the transmission was also shot so we also ordered that piece and replaced it and then The darn thing was still not working and we discovered that on the basket there is a white bracket with teeth that hold it to the transmission to make sure everything spins properly well ours didn’t have teeth so we ordered a new one and replaced it. Made it through the test fine and the balancing fine in washing clothes fine its now upon occasion when it goes into spin squeals for about 10 seconds maybe less and I’m not sure what else it could be but no the belt looked OK the pulley look OK but please if you have any advice let me know. Thanks in advance CinD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 146

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hold a bar of soap on the inside of the belt while it's turning. That might work.

CinD1102

Premium Member
That’s a good idea thank you. Do you know if there’s any other bearings in this thing besides what’s in the transmission because the only other things I would think that could be squealing would be the belt and pulley. Everything has been replaced besides the pulleys the belt the motor which seems to be running fine in the clutch assembly but it seemed fine because we had to take it all apart when we replace the transmission