WTW5000DW1 “tries” to spin in manual diagnostic check then motor stops and coasts to halt.

GTT1953

Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Ok.......
I have spinning issue, ....

It “tries” to spin in manual diagnostic check then motor stops and coasts to halt.

With this twist, good ol Whirlpool changed controller vendors, most likely, as I have identical model. But the controller is not labeled with pinout as the one in the above pdf in Dropbox . It is much different.

Do you have access to other versions? The test procedures reference pins on connectors with differing numbers. I have not attempted to trace and do the voltage and continuity checks!

May all be moot, as the items to fail from the test procedures are
1. Actuator/motor - been replaced
2. Splutch/cam assembly - been replaced
3. Controller - about to order one

Included mfr label, for a clue and picture to compare with tech sheet diagram.

FYI, I did nine months with Broward Factory Service. Fell out of love with appliance work! 😂😂😂

Hope you have time to comment! Thanks!

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Without a model number, we're dead in the water. Read it from the tag on the machine. Click here: Appliance Parts follow the link “How to find a model number”

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You know what I like about this new forum software, just when I was about to post to this one, a popup came up and said you just replied to it. LOL no more twins!

Rick he posted a photo of it in his last photo.:)

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, I see it WTW5000DW1. If I don't see the model number I usually don't go looking for it but it's pretty obvious in that pic. I just missed it.

This is throwing me off GTT1953, :
GTT1953 said:
...as I have identical model...controller is not labeled with pinout as the one in the above pdf.........good ol Whirlpool changed controller vendors,..... Do you have access to other versions?
Identical to??... Above pdf.?? ....Controller venders??.... Other versions of what?? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but here's what I got; The machine won't spin and the connector pins on the electronic control don't match the ones on the tech sheet .
The correct electronic control for model WTW5000DW1 is #W11116590

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think what happened was he posted in this thread:

I moved his post to his own new thread here, as there were way to many posters in that thread already, and it was getting to confusing.

I posted the wrong tech data sheet in that other thread by mistake.

Here's the tech. data sheet for WTW5000DW1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13EInFAAf99HeIgo6JNhYxCuG3RSqZdZG

I think this is the pdf he's referring to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag1w33ebnt7inhl/WTW5000DW0 Tech Sheet - W10677676 - Rev B.pdf?dl=0 But that's for WTW5000DW0

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, I had that same problem on an earlier thread. He needed a water valve but questioned my diagnosis by referencing another thread. That thread had like 45 posts. Half said water valve, half said ice maker...lol Answering questions that are piggybacked on an earlier thread might be easy for you but not so much for me. When I see a members first post in a thread and it's post #61 of that thread,and it starts , I have the exact same problem, I ask myself, do I want to ask if it's the exact same model and then read the last 60 posts or do I want to leave it for Jake? By the way, thanks for answering all those posts...LOL

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, when too many folks keep hijacking a thread its too much confusion and the main subject gets out of whack from others problems, so from now on its best to just close them long threads and move them to their own thread, and they can always put a reference link to any long closed thread they are reading about.:)

Jake