WTW5000DW1 - Low Spin Speed, Multiple Rinses

80hz14

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Recently bought a used washer and dryer for our new house and the washer isn't what I was hoping for. Originally cleared some codes after it wasn't spinning at all and now it spins, but not like it should. Light indicates it's in "Spin" mode but sounds like it fills, drains, and spins a few times before the "Done" light comes on. I have been putting it into "Drain & Spin" mode after almost every cycle to try to get it to dry more and even then, clothes are still very wet and take a while in the dryer (100+ minutes). I checked connections and for any clogs in the drain and everything looks okay. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Its possibly the hub underneath the washplate, that's stripped, that will cause a no spin/slow spin condition.

Here's the hub for your model, its located underneath the washplate:
W10528947 Hub

To remove your washplate, Watch this video below, wiggle the washplate while pulling it up.

I'd first check your hub to see if the teeth are starting to grind down.

The hub has screws that hold it in place, you will see them once you remove the washplate.

Look at these photos below of the teeth grinded down to smooth.

Jake

Attachments

80hz14

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply, Jake! I pulled the hub and sure enough, the teeth are ground down really bad. I ordered a replacement and hope to have it fixed in the next few days.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake