• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WTW5000DW1 Washer will agitate, not spin. Leaving clothes soaking wet.

pdgrau

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I'm at my wits end with this Whirlpool top loader washer model WTW5000DW1. It's only 4 years old and has experienced 2 major problems thus far. I've had to replace the actuator motor because it was not agitating last year. That was fixed. Now, it will agitate, but not spin and now it seems even worse then when I started this project a few days ago. I've watched many videos and have taken it apart multiple times. I've replaced the splutch cam assembly which did not remedy the problem.

Then I found a video I was absolutely positive was the issue since the person posting it had the exact same issues and error code which was and F7E1 (sensing, rinse, spin, done, done).

The fix was replacing the basket drive hub W10528947 which had no splines left. After replacing a new code has now emerged, (sensing, spin, done) and it doesn't appear that it even will try spinning. I have made sure that after replacing I have properly calibrated it.

When I do a simple drain and spin cycle, it will lock the door, then unlock, then lock again. Then it sounds like its struggling to spin and the spin light flashes. This is when the new code appeared. Not sure what I'm missing here, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

I was told by the appliance parts shop that it could be the transmission going if the basket drive hub didnt work. I have checked for a locked rotor which the basket spins smooth and freely without any ominous worn motor bearing sounds. I have checked the harness connections from the main motor to motor and shifter and all appeared to be snug.

I read that a capacitor could come lose and cause that issue, but it doesn't appear to be the case. A

pdgrau

Premium Member
****Update****

After going back over my repairs, I realized that the housing for the basket drive gear wasn't properly seated which is why a new code emerged. After adjusting that, the cam ring and drive gear could properly move. Now the washer is working fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry, we must of missed your thread last week, glad to hear you found the problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Haje