• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WTW5000DW2 Whirlpool Washer Stops after rinse cycle??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdoug1966@gmail

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW2
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Washer WTW5000DW2 purchased beginning of 2019. Recently it has stop completing a wash cycle. Washes, Rinses, or at least it appears to complete the rinse cycle because soap is not present in the clothes, then stops and displays a solid green Wash light.

If we turn the cycle knob to drain and rinse the wash cycle will complete. I have read other threads and checked both cold and hot intake filters and made sure there was no debris in them. Puzzled on what action to take next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So it won't even drain after rinse and then spin?

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault codes you get, if any.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3--->Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10740624 - Rev B.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 124

tdoug1966@gmail

Premium Member
The washer does drain after rinse, but stalls out and displays the green Wash light.
Ran the diagnostic, multiple times, and pulled the existing codes. If I'm reading this correctly, I have a F8 Fault Number (Wash & Sensing lights display) with a E1 Error Number (Done light display) -F8E1 - No Fill, Long Fill error.
Looks like I need to perform TEST #2 Valves - correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

tdoug1966@gmail

Premium Member
Sorry, I didn't report back earlier, but replacing the Water Inlet Valve W11210459 did the trick. Washer is working great.
Thanks for the help, especially the Tech Data Sheet which help me troubleshoot to the part needed.
Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Doug, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.