• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WTW5800BW0 Whirlpool Cabrio washer not shifting correctly

tseibring

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5800BW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Washer and the bearings went out of it. I replaced the lower unit with a rebuilt one (w10806333r). I also purchase a new splutch drive kit (w10721967). All of the other components are fine. After replacing the splutch kit it didn't seem to be working right.

When you move the cam ring back and fourth , it's suppose to push the drive pulley up high enough for the tub to go in to free spin. Hope I'm saying the correct words?

Anyway after looking at the old basket drive gear, it seamed to be a little bit taller then the new one I received. They both have the same number on them.

What do I need to do to make it shift correctly. The old basket drive gear was damaged so I can't use it. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have a Whirlpool Washer and the bearings went out of it. I replaced the lower unit with a rebuilt one (w10806333r).
That's not the correct gearcase, that's why the splutch is not working properly with that gearcase you installed.

Here's the gearcase for your model: W11454372

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see what you mean, but that throws up red flags because getting online for a good price sounds fishy to me, I don't know of any legitimate company that are rebuilding these transmissions.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, its not available separately.

Jake