Status
Not open for further replies.

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5900TW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hard to describe, but this machine makes a loud clicking/knocking sound at end of spin. I took a video with sound but it seems too large to upload. Any ideas?

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your model number WTW5920TW0 does not pull up as good, please recheck it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Ok, I saw the video that you said is similar to what yours is doing, that looks like a bad drive block.

You'll need a spanner wrench to remove the inner tub: Spanner Wrench

Here's the tub drive block for this model:
Drive Block WP389140

There is a video in the tub drive block part link that shows you how to access it.

You can see the comparison here:

See the one on the left, its the old one, the one on the right is the new one. It has to have those 2 ear slots. Does yours look like the one on the left or right?

Let us know what you find.

Jake

AWSHandy

Premium Member
I really don't know what the drive block looks like on this machine, Again, it ONLY makes the noise at end of cycle/spin or when it is turned off and braking.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to remove the drive block and see what it looks like, there is a video that shows you how in the drive block part link.:)

Jake

AWSHandy

Premium Member
I watched the video and will do that, just asking if anything else would cause that noise upon breaking? Like the clutch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly the basket drive as that attaches to drive block.

Jake

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Ok, I finally figured out how to show a video. Upload to youtube, and attach link. So, this is the washer in question. Still the drive block?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I finally figured out how to show a video. Upload to youtube, and attach link.
LOL, That was for our old forum software vbulletin, this is our new forum software and you can now upload videos directly to our site even through apple and android smartphones, as you see I already tested it on my android and it uploads fine for me.

Look here:

Ok, for that problem, it sure sounds like it to me. If you are a tech in training you will need to learn how to take apart machines with the proper tools, like the spanner wrench I posted the link to above.

I can only help you assume that is the problem, as I'm not with you at the customers house.:)

You will need to get access to that drive block by removing the spin basket so you can actually see if its bad or not.

We are not a help site for techs. in training, we are a site for homeowners to fix their own appliances.

There is a site I can refer you to in private that charges a fee per year and you can ask them all the questions you want for that year you paid, for any appliances you work on.

I'm closing this thread, Private message me for that pay site.

Jake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.