• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WTW6600SW2 Cabrio has loud noise during spin

Pete

Premium Member
Unfortunately, I had to replace the entire tub. I was able to remove shaft but not bearings and time was wasting. Machince much quieter now but I'm still getting the F54 fault during final spin. Need to troubleshoot again.

D mane

There are replacement parts (shaft & bearing kit with instructions). I own a WTW6800WW1 that roars. I have been searching the web for months. There is also a special tool that is available so as not to damage the tub. This is a direct quote from one of the sites.

Finally an economical kit to fix bad tub bearings and the seal in ANY MODEL OF A Whirlpool Cabrio, Kenmore Oasis, or Maytag Bravos washer as they are all built using the same exact parts in this kit. No need to spend about $300 on the whole tub to get new bearings and seal.

This shaft & bearing kit is Whirlpool part# W10435302

The bearing tool is Whirlpool part# W10447783

Last edited by a moderator:

weigojmi

Premium Member
I was given an WTW6800WW1 by a friend where it had been sitting in their garage for 6 months. Out of the gate, during part of the cycle for about 10 min. there are loud knocks but the unit itself doesnt shake and no fault codes or errors on the console. Is there a good way to verify if this is the infamous bearing issue being reported in this thread? And whats involved with this repair? Is this something a moderately handy person can do? Any instructions? I also notice the appearance of small dark "dirt-like shavings" suddenly appeared all around the bottom of the washer. Any idea what that might be? I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but this might actually be a lemon horse! Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You'd have to search our blog forum to see, there is a search box above on the right side of this blog forum, just type in the model number.

I did locate this one here: Whirlpool Cabrio stopped working error code F51

Sometimes the error code won't pop-up, you have to go into the diagnostics and pull the last known error codes and do the checks it says to do.

Jake

weigojmi

Premium Member
Thanks, did that but the most relevant threads point me back here. There aren't any error codes, only the loud knocking/shaking noise. I'm most interested in the bad tub bearing fix "kit" and if there is a practical solution to what my issue seems to be.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I've haven't been on any service calls for this issue before so that's why I can't pinpoint the problem for you, but if its knocking/shaking then it sure sounds like to me you will need the same shaft and bearing kit as D mane posted the link to above, along with that bearing tool.

Jake