WTW7340XW0 Whirlpool washer error code F70

lastmighat

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW7340XW0
Brand
Whirlpool
My Cabrio Model number is WTW7340XW0
And I get F70 error on diagnosis even when the washer is empty.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have a completely different model than @Michele0407, I'm moving you to your own thread.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is your own thread, I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model, I just asked our tech. bigbuck if he has it and could please post it for us if so.

Jake

lastmighat

Premium Member
Thanks for the Tech sheet. I did the diagnosis again and in C6 phase, it agitates for a few seconds and stops giving me F70 error with nothing inside the machine!
Replacing any electrical part for this washer like the brain or the panel is over $300 and I don't want to pursue a repair if it is as expensive of a new unit. Any advice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

F70 says this:
oL flashes when the machine/motor control detects a load size that exceeds the washer’s capacity OR basket cannot disengage.
This may signify:
--->Load size exceeds washer capacity. Remove excess laundry, then restart cycle.
--->Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing the basket to disengage.

Jake

lastmighat

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
There is No OL flashing on display. I got F70 in diagnosis even where there were no clothes inside the basket.
And no the basket is not disengaged as it doesn't freely move and it works just fine only in Drain & Spin cycle with no issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at the tech. data sheet "oL" is F70.:)

What is your washer doing or not doing? What's wrong with your washer? Is it not agitating? But its draining and spinning fine?

And no the basket is not disengaged as it doesn't freely move
As the tub fills with water, the basket begins to float and to rise. The splined hub components now separate, and allow the basket to move independently of the drive shaft, thus When the Water Level Rises & Basket Floats then the Outer Basket Hub Disengages.

When the tub drains, the basket drops back to it’s original position, and the hub components re-engage, connecting the basket to the shaft, and permitting the basket to spin.

I'd first check your hub, it may be cracked or worn.

Here's the hub for your model:
W10820039 Basket Hub

--->Video Included in Part link.

Here's a photo of a cracked one:
IMG_0316.jpg

Jake

Last edited: