WTW8000BW0 Whirlpool Cabrio platinum direct drive loud when spinning

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, I heard it in your videos.

That's your drive shaft bearing that has gone bad. You'd need a new drive shaft bearing and the tool kit to replace it.

Here's the drive shaft repair kit for this model:
Tub Seal and Bearing Kit W10435302

When you click that part link, you will see a video on how to do it.:)

Here's the Bearing driver and Seal tool to replace it:
Bearing Driver W10447783

Jake

donsboy

Premium Member
Jake my boss always advised replacing the whole outer tub assembly. I'm the one who does all of the tub rebuilds and gear case jobs for our company here in Central Va. How long does it normally take to replace just the bearing? I can replace the inner tub and reinstall the parts in about an hour if so motivated.

Jesslyn

So I replaced the bearings, the shaft and the hub and now I’m getting the UL code even when the washer is completely empty..it does the whole thing of trying to self level twice but never levels and after the 2nd try just stops (in the videos the washer is completely empty of any laundry) and there’s a grinding sound that just doesn’t sound quite right, i never got the un level code prior to replacing the parts, and it throws that code at the last 6-9 minutes of the wash, I apologize for so many videos but I wanted to be able to show what I’m trying to explain

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Its possibly your suspension springs that are worn out, but it's odd it only started doing it after you replaced the bearing. Make sure they are on properly when you removed them to replace the bearing.

Here's the Suspension Spring Kit for your model:
W10247710 Suspension Spring Kit

Watch this video:

Jake