• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

FIXED WTW8500DC0 Whirlpool cabrio spinning very slow. Attached YouTube link to video. Any help would be great!

skysurfing812

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW8500DC0
Brand
Whirlpool

It's a newer whirlpool cabrio. There's what its doing. It's barely spinning, almost like it's slipping. Clutch? Any help would be great!

Added model number

Attachments

• 20230304_164529.jpg
    20230304_164529.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

We need the model number of the washer first, the model number tag is located under the lid.

If you put it on drain/spin does it drain the water and spin?

model: WTW8500DC0

It does drain but not all of it, it leaves some water when its done washing. If the machine is empty it does spin but if clothes are put in it....it doesn't spin anymore. It also makes a weird noise like it's trying to spin but it's not engaging good.

Thanks for the model number, I'm attaching your tech data sheet below, on Page 2 DO--->ACTIVATING SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE to see what fault code you get.

It does drain but not all of it, it leaves some water when its done washing.
It should drain all the water.

What I do is pull the drain hose up from the standpipe and watch how fast the water drains out, it should drain out very fast with lots of water pressure coming out the drain hose and all the water should drain within 90 seconds.

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10607408 - Rev F (1).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
Sorry to hear about your personal injury, hope your doing better!

Ok, that error code F9E1--->Drain Pump System Problem--->Long Drain.

Fault is displayed when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on.
Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
Is the drain hose height greater than 8' (2.4 m)?
Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the main control pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
Too much detergent?
Is the pump running? If not, see TEST #7: Drain Pump, page 19.

What I do is pull the drain hose up from the standpipe and watch how fast the water drains out, it should drain out very fast with lots of water pressure coming out the drain hose and all the water should drain within 90 seconds.

If the water is draining really slow, then you may have a foreign object in it clogging it up, thus not draining fast.

Here's the drain pump for your model:

This video gives you a general idea of how to access/remove it to look for a clog in it. Use a flashlight to look inside it for a clog.

Let us know how it goes.

Yes, if the water is not draining out fast within 90 seconds.

Ok, sounds good, yes let us know.:)

I installed the new part. It works great! Thank you so much for all your help! I very much appreciate it.

Excellent, glad to hear the new drain pump fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back