• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WW27430B Jenn-Air double wall Electric oven baking element stays hot

fwharris

Premium Member
Model Number
WW27430B
Brand
Jenn-Air
My Jenn-Air double wall oven baking element if the top oven comes on while not in the baking function. Model is WW27430B. My wife just finished baking some pizza rolls and turned the oven off when they were done. Several minutes later we heard a rapid beeping and my wife said the oven display read code F 2 and the bake element was read hot. We turned off the breaker to the ovens and let it set form 30 minutes to an hour. After turning the breaker back on the element started heating up again.

I looked up the fault code and found this....
F2​
Oven temperature too hotReplace relay board, if present, or oven temperature sensor (RTD). Check sensor harness.

fwharris

Premium Member
Would this be the relay board I would need? Also I did ohm out the temp sensor and it was 1100 ohms.

partsimple.com/maytag-wp74006612-wall-oven-relay-control-board.html

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is the board you need.

Its been discontinued, so you can't get it new anymore:
WP74006612 Board, Relay
whirlpool-board-relay-wp74006612-ap6010949_02_l.jpg

Just make sure if you buy it rebuilt you can get your money back if it doesn't work properly.

Jake

fwharris

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the reply and confirmation that is the correct board. I will do some more sourcing for the board today. I found out that my link was for a repair shop instead of purchasing the board.

A question for you. Since this is a double oven would it be possible to remove the element from the top oven so that I can use the bottom oven until I get the top one repaired?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Since this is a double oven would it be possible to remove the element from the top oven so that I can use the bottom oven until I get the top one repaired?
No, because the problem isn't the element, its the control board BAKE relay STICKING not turning the element OFF.:)

Jake

fwharris

Premium Member
Yes sir I know that. What issue would it cause if I did though? Since the element is out of the circuit, not heating up, what concern would there be since the bad relay is sending to an open circuit? I would tape off the connector ends so they would not be in contact with anything.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not understanding what you want to do???

To bake you need that bake element to work and cycle properly.

Jake