• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Yellow flame & black soot on pots (WEG745H0FS natural gas stove)

1theguy1

Premium Member
Model Number
WEG745H0FS
Brand
Whirlpool
We have a 3-year old Whirlpool Natural Gas stove that needs some help. It is connected to Natural Gas and was working fine for past few years. Over the past few months, there are two problems with only the two large front burners:

1. Yellow flame tips covering bottom of pots/pans with black soot (MAIN ISSUE). The yellow flame spreads from underneath the pot and goes outward. This leaves all cooking pots black with soot.

2. Electric lighter not working. We can hear and see the electricity spark but no flame comes out unless we manually light it. (Secondary Issue)

Model is similar to this: WEG745H0FS

Things I tried that did not help:
  • there is no humidifier
  • tried to clean the golden colored jet, but it was never clogged
  • tried adjusting main gas valve behind stove from low to high etc., no difference
  • tried to clean parts as best as I could
  • can not locate any air valve to increase oxygen %
Anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• weg745h0fs02.jpg
    weg745h0fs02.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 50

1theguy1

Premium Member
Did you ever post anywhere the fix for this problem?
No. I never fixed this. However, just last week I learned from a friend who has a similar stove that they had the same issue and got it fixed under warranty. When I asked him what the warranty fix was, he said they only replaced the top burner and that solved his problem. No more yellow flame.

I was surprised it could be that simple.. I haven't gotten around to purchasing a replacement burner yet to try it myself.