YKESS907SS01 Kitchenaid, oven not working

Premji

Premium Member
Model Number
YKESS907SS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi,
Problem...oven's broil and bake elements not heating up. Elements ohms readings are good. Printed Circuit Board, big 35 amps relays have been checked and are OK.
I need a repair/technical wiring diagram or any suggestions for checking the PCB or other items.
Is the repair wiring diagram located inside the stove somewhere? Please help if you can.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Premji

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thank for the diagrams...really appreciate it. I will let you know what I find.

Premji

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Premji, sounds good.

Jake

Premji

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

When the oven/broil is selected on the control panel, the control panel displays that the selection has been made, but the elements are not getting hot. The diagnostic does not show any error codes. The appropriate relays are not energizing and the relays have been checked previously and found to be OK. I am going to replace the Appliance Manager board.

Premji

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

There is a oven shutdown thermal fuse that you'd need to ohm test it for continuity. UNPLUG or TURN THE BREAKER OFF TO YOUR DOUBLE OVEN BEFORE ACCESSING AND OHM TESTING IT!

Also remove the wires to it before ohm testing it.

You will likely need a helper to pull the double oven out from the wall, it's very heavy.

Its located in the very back #23 here: Parts for Whirlpool YKESS907SS01: Oven Parts

Here's the thermal fuse #23 for your model:
Thermal Fuse WP9759242

[video=youtube;fUIQ0u01SyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fUIQ0u01SyY[/video]

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes, I'd hate to see you order and replace that appliance manager board and still not fix it.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake