• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

YSF379LEKB Whirlpool oven will only relight to maintain temp if I open the door

Dargamel

Premium Member
Model Number
YSF379LEKB
Brand
Whirlpool
I have replaced the ignitor and burner on my Super Capacity 465 Whirlpool gas oven and range. The oven will fire up every time to start with. It will stay lit and reach temp. Once the burner turns off, and then needs to relight to maintain temp it will not. I can hear the ignitor clicking, and can see it make spark. however unless I open the door it won't ignite. There is gas, and spark. My theory is that it isn't getting enough fresh air for ignition once lit. Is there a way that a fresh air intake of some sort could be getting blocked?

thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'd first check the oven bake burner tube port holes, they can get clogged right where the igniter is mounted next to the burner tube, so I'd check that first, get a wire brush to clean those port holes out, and you may get lucky and it will start working normally again.

The air shutter at the base of the burner tube should be wide open for natural gas.

If the oven bake burner tube port holes are clean and clear and the air shutter at the base of the burner tube is WIDE OPEN for natural gas. Then you will need this kit below.

Here it is(Video Included):
Oven Igniter 8190618

Jake

Dargamel

Premium Member
Hi Jake.thank you for the response. I should have said that i have done as you suggested already. Brand new tube and ignitor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if that's the case you will need to have KitchenAid Canada come out, ANOTHER member had this same problem and he changed every part and still kept doing that.

Jake