YWET3300XQ0 Buzzing noise when Whirlpool dryer is not in use

discogodfather

Premium Member
Model Number
YWET3300XQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool washer/dryer combination (front load dryer stacked on a top load washing machine). Inside the dryer door it says the model number is YWET3300XQ0 and the "type" is CFSO-ELE-2406024-FM38. I ran a load of clothing through the dryer this morning and after it was finished I noticed a buzzing/humming sound coming from the dryer. I went to the breaker panel for my condo and flipped the one marked "dryer" and the noise stopped. I flipped the breaker back and the noise started again.

Any ideas on what I should do? Do I need to contact a repairman? An electrician? Or is it something I can investigate myself?

discogodfather

Premium Member
A-ok

Hey everyone, this appears to be fine now. I tried using the dryer again and noticed that the dial for the washer was mid cycle, even though we weren't using the washer. I rotated it to "off" and the noise stopped.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Since this is a Canadian model I have no information on it here in the USA.

jeff1 can possibly assist you, he lives and has a appliance shop in Canada: jeff1

You can message him to see if he can assist you in your thread here if you have any more problems.

Jake