• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

YWET3300XQ0 Buzzing noise when Whirlpool dryer is not in use

discogodfather

Premium Member
Model Number
YWET3300XQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool washer/dryer combination (front load dryer stacked on a top load washing machine). Inside the dryer door it says the model number is YWET3300XQ0 and the "type" is CFSO-ELE-2406024-FM38. I ran a load of clothing through the dryer this morning and after it was finished I noticed a buzzing/humming sound coming from the dryer. I went to the breaker panel for my condo and flipped the one marked "dryer" and the noise stopped. I flipped the breaker back and the noise started again.

Any ideas on what I should do? Do I need to contact a repairman? An electrician? Or is it something I can investigate myself?

discogodfather

Premium Member
A-ok

Hey everyone, this appears to be fine now. I tried using the dryer again and noticed that the dial for the washer was mid cycle, even though we weren't using the washer. I rotated it to "off" and the noise stopped.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Since this is a Canadian model I have no information on it here in the USA.

jeff1 can possibly assist you, he lives and has a appliance shop in Canada: jeff1

You can message him to see if he can assist you in your thread here if you have any more problems.

Jake