Zanussi Dishwasher, fix is probably simple but I want to be sure.

Lake013

Model Number
ZDT21001FA
Brand
Just recently my dishwasher stopped working correctly and starting making a horrible sound, with money being tight i wanted to at least try to fix it myself.

A bit of research on the internet and a few screws later I located the cause of the initial problem the tray underneath the dishwasher was flooding pushing up a polystyrene float and setting off a sensor causing the dishwasher to go into emergency drain mode.
IMG_0087[1].jpg
I removed the water and sure enough no more horrible sound. The next thing i did was to start a load and observe, sure enough the original cause seems to have appeared, a few minutes into the wash water started coming out of a ridged pipe.

I suspect that given there are 2 ridged pipes underneath not connected to anything that they were originally connected to each other and had simply snapped.
Unfortunately the link to the manual on Zanussi's website is broken so i don't know for sure if that is the case.

IMG_0086[1].jpg

Could anyone take a look at these pictures, confirm if these pipes are supposed to be connected?
If so is there any kind of binding agent or material I can use to repair the existing pipe or if it has to be outright replaces anyone who can tell me what this pipe is actually called?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This is a European model which means we don't have any tech. data/model number information on it here in the USA.

The best place to ask about this is on a European Appliance Repair Forum, search google for a European Appliance Repair Forum.

Jake