• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZBD0710N20SS GE Monogram Dishwasher Fan Keeps Running

tfresquez

Premium Member
Model Number
ZBD0710N20SS
Brand
GE
The fan on my GE Monogram dishwasher continues to run after the cycle is over. The only way to get it to stop is to press the reset button. I have replaced the vent driver assembly, which did not fix the problem. Any thoughts on what I should try next? I am thinking to replace the blower motor, but I'm not sure if its a blower motor issue or a control board issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

tfresquez

Premium Member
I replaced the control module, but it did not resolve the issue. The fan continues to run until I press reset.

The control module was very warped, like a portion of it melted. Also, some of the terminals on the connector are very rusted or burned (see attached photo) I don't know if this may be causing the issue. It does not look like it would be easy to replace the connector harness.

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 10

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
some of the terminals on the connector are very rusted or burned (see attached photo) I don't know if this may be causing the issue. It does not look like it would be easy to replace the connector harness.
Yes, that's bad as well.

Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the wire harness assembly that plugs into the control module:

You might be able to see if you can get a new plastic connector that same size at a electronic store in your area, and get new electrical contact pins to put in the new plastic connector and solder the existing wires onto the new electrical contact pins.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.