• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZDP48L6DD2SS GE Monogram Convert from LP to Natural Gas

ffisher89

Premium Member
Model Number
ZDP48L6DD2SS
Brand
GE
This stove was setup for lp. I now have access to natural gas. I own an hvac company and have done conversions on furnaces. My question, is there a way to change this to natural gas? Can I order new orifices and regulator for natural gas? Any help would be appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

A copy:
These ranges are either factory set for LP only or NG only.

It would appear there is no conversion kit.

jeff.

rickgburton

Staff member
Can I order new orifices and regulator for natural gas?
Maybe. Here's the deal, The Monogram model# ZDP48L6 is set up for Liquid Propane but GE says, "Models ordered to operate on LP gas are shipped with a NATURAL gas conversion kit". I checked my sources but I couldn't find anything on the conversion kit. If you're the original owner of the range there's a good chance you have the kit. GE usually tapes the envelope/kit to an inside panel below the oven

ffisher89

Premium Member
I saw that they made a similar model with natural gas. Could I order the orifices for that one and the regulator? I dont see what the difference would be after that.

jeff1

Staff member
I would guess that as long as all of the parts for an NG version where available, you could certainly try to swop them out. *I* and no one that I know has tried that before to see if it is even possible.

jeff.

rickgburton

Staff member
Could I order the orifices for that one and the regulator?
Only the orifice hood is available. The simmer orifice and the valve orifice & hoods are no longer available. That's why I was trying to find the kit.

ffisher89

Premium Member
Only the orifice hood is available. The simmer orifice and the valve orifice & hoods are no longer available. That's why I was trying to find the kit.
I found the simmer orifice. What do you mean hood? Also the replacement valve comes for both lp and nat gas.

rickgburton

Staff member
What do you mean hood?
orifice - orifice hood is the same thing. Hood is a type:

ffisher89

Premium Member
Oh. That makes more sense. I'm gonna order the nat gas ones and see if I can get this thing to work. If not I'll sell it and buy a different one. Propane works great just want gas.

rickgburton

Staff member
The one in the link says it is out of stock. Depending on the parts site, it's no longer available. Out of stock sometimes means no longer available.