Zenith Dehumidifier ZD300Y0 will not stop working

shai

Premium Member
Model Number
ZD300Y0
Brand
-major brand-
Hello,

As the subject line says - it won't stop working. Not just the fan, the dehumidifier itself works non-stop.

Any idea?

Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Even if you press the off button it keeps running?

If yes, something on the board is damaged. Had trouble looking up stuff for dehumidifiers but this came up for me with your model#...

Main control board

jeff.

shai

Premium Member
Sorry, no. I can stop it with the button. What I meant was that it works continuously even when the humidity level is set to high, it's like a furnace or a/c that are never satisfied by the temp. that is set in the thermostat.

Thanks.

jeff1

Staff member
What I meant was that it works continuously even when the humidity level is set to high
Is it collecting moisture?
Have you checked the rooms humidity level so you know if the unit should shut off when you turn it up higher?
How long have you let is run on the higher setting? 5 min, 10 min, 30 min?

jeff.

shai

Premium Member
OK, so it works non-stop, nearly two hours (before I shut it down) and it seems like it does not collect any moisture.

jeff1

Staff member
it seems like it does not collect any moisture
If the compressor is running but you are not collecting any moisture indicates a system problem...leaker, restriction or inefficient compressor. Leakers are common on most dehumidifiers today :(

jeff.

shai

Premium Member
If the compressor is running but you are not collecting any moisture indicates a system problem...leaker, restriction or inefficient compressor. Leakers are common on most dehumidifiers today :(

jeff.
What are Leakers? Is it possible to fix, replace anything?

jeff1

Staff member
What are Leakers?
System leaks = the refrigerant gas leaks out and we get no more moisture collection.

Is it possible to fix
As long as parts are available yes....but the cost is often more than it is to buy another unit.

jeff.

shai

Premium Member
Got ya. And I assume without some kind of specialty equipment there is no way to check if there is or isn't refrigerant gas in the system?

jeff1

Staff member
And I assume without some kind of specialty equipment there is no way to check if there is or isn't refrigerant gas in the system?
Correct.

jeff.