• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZET3058SH2SS GE Monogram Oven - Noise when off

Starfire2015

Premium Member
Model Number
ZET3058SH2SS
Brand
GE
Hi, I have a GE monogram double oven (ZET3058SH2SS) that quit on us today. My wife put he food in the oven, once it was done she turned it off and walked away. After 15 minutes or so a strong smell of burned plastic filled the house. And we can't close the oven door now since it starts to make humming noise. The light and controls seem to be working.

I am attaching a video of the noise. Please help!

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
After 15 minutes or so a strong smell of burned plastic filled the house.
I can't tell what the noise is. I looked through the parts diagram for something that could make the noise and the fan transformer was my first thought. You'll need to slide the oven out of its installation far enough to remove the top panel. The fan transformer is on the left side. I would think that burning plastic would leave some kind of an obvious calling card. Most of the controls can be accessed from under the top panel. If you need to get behind the machine to locate the noise you don't need to remove it completely, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have helpers. Here's what I do:
C-BI Oven Remove.jpg

Starfire2015

Premium Member
Thank you very much! Per your suggestion I located the fan and it is indeed what is making this humming noise. Looks like its fried. I will replace it and see if that fixes the problem.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member