• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZICP360NHALH GE Monogram Fridge Leaking

robthiessen

Premium Member
Model Number
ZICP360NHALH
Brand
GE
Hello,
Would love some help and advice here. I have had several GE technicians out to look at this issue and it is still happening. Prior to the issue, I had the ice maker replaced. Since then, water has been leaking from the top of the fridge and is warping the wood floors. See attached pictures for the model number and where the water is coming from. After multiple visits, GE thought the issue was with the control panel. It was not keeping the freezer at a constant temperature of 0 degrees. It would get to -7 degrees and the tech said that this would cause the coils on top of the fridge to freeze, then once they warm up the water would drip(see black coil cover on pic that is on top of dish towel) down from the top and into the fridge causing the water to pool on my wood floors. The dish towel is there to keep the water from getting on my floor.

So we replaced the control panel a week ago and the freezer and fridge seem to be keeping constant temp at 0 degrees and 37 degrees. However, I am still getting the water dripping which I assume is condensation on the coil on top of the freezer. Any thoughts on what we need to do next? I don't want to have to buy a brand new Monogram fridge just because of this issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Coil.jpg
    Coil.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Fridge Dripping.jpg
    Fridge Dripping.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Model Number.jpg
    Model Number.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 22

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have had several GE technicians out to look at this issue and it is still happening. Prior to the issue, I had the ice maker replaced. Since then, water has been leaking from the top of the fridge and is warping the wood floors.
Your ice maker? Or do you mean water filter? In your photo it shows your water filter.

If this just happened after the water filter was replaced, it seems that's where the problem is, has any of the GE techs checked the water filter to see if it was installed properly?

Here's the water filter for your model:
Water Filter MWFP

When you bought the refrigerator brand new it came with a water filter bypass, remove the water filter and put the water filter bypass in it and see if it still leaks.

Here's the water filter bypass for your model:

If it still leaks, then its likely the water filter manifold that's leaking.

Here's the water filter manifold for your model:

Jake

robthiessen

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
thanks for the response. It was our ice maker that was replaced. I have been replacing the water filter regularly and have not noticed water leaking from there. The water seems to be leaking from the black tube that is shown in the picture. I have placed a towel below the black tube to collect the water so it doesn't leak. Thoughts on the coils freezing and then the ice melts causing the water to leak? What would be your next steps here? Have another technician come out to check the water filter? Also, it doesn't leak constantly, just periodically.

paulhl

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I would shut off ice maker until you're sure the cubes are ready to harvest. Get rid of that towel and dry the area. Turn ice maker back on and watch the area around the valve and behind the filter when it fills for a leak. The tubing going into the fitting on the valve does not look good to me, bent.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got It Rob! Thanks!

Yes, do what Paul suggested and keep us posted.

Jake

robthiessen

Premium Member
I would shut off ice maker until you're sure the cubes are ready to harvest. Get rid of that towel and dry the area. Turn ice maker back on and watch the area around the valve and behind the filter when it fills for a leak. The tubing going into the fitting on the valve does not look good to me, bent.
Thanks Paul. When you say shut off the icemaker do you mean to push the button to Off on the side of it? This locks the arm so it doesn't allow ice to be made. In the attached picture, is this where you think the tubing is bent? I have a GE technician coming on Aug. 1st and will keep you posted. Just curious where I should point the technician.

Attachments

• water filter.jpg
    water filter.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 17

paulhl

Appliance Tech
Staff member
No, the plastic tubing going into the valve next to the copper tubing. I just want the ice maker to cycle and fill so you can see the area in your pic

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.