• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZICS360NMCRH GE Monogram 36" bottom freezer refrigerator - Freezer too warm @ 66F / Fridge @ 66 F Also

pglover19

Premium Member
Model Number
ZICS360NMCRH
Brand
GE
ZICS360NMCRH GE Monogram 36" bottom freezer refrigerator - Freezer too warm @ 66F / Fridge at 66 F

I have a GE Monogram 36" bottom freezer refrigerator with the following results Freezer too warm @ 66F / Fridge at 66 F.

I have replaced the control board with part# WR55X10942; however, that has not fixed my problem. In looking through a number of threads on this forum, I see that the control board with part# WR55X11130 mentioned. I wondering if I ordered the wrong control board.

I ran a few test in the diagnostic mode by pressing both the freezer temperature pads (plus and minus) and the refrigerator temperature pads (plus and minus) simultaneously. For the thermistor test, everyone passed except the "Custom Cool" thermistor which is #5. According to the schematics for my model, I only have 4 thermistors.

In addition here are some other observations:
1. The evaporator fan is roaring hard.
2. I hear a gurgling sound/running water sound from the freezer compartment. It think this is the evaporator.
3. The compressor is luke warm

Please advise on what are some of the next steps to try and which parts I need to purchase.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have replaced the control board with part# WR55X10942
That's the wrong motherboard for your model.

Here's the correct motherboard for your model:
Main Control Board WR55X11130

I need to ask Rick if he has the pinouts of this board so you can see if your getting 120 volts coming out to the compressor.

Jake

pglover19

Premium Member
I would like to point a couple things about the part # for the control board.

According to the schematics for the my GE refrigerator, the original control board part # in the drawing is WR55X10056. After a google search, I found the part # WR55X10942 replaces WR55X10056.

If you look at part # WR55X10942 and WR55X11130, they look identical. Can you please tell me what the difference in the 2 boards are?

In addition, based on your comments, it looks like you believe the compressor may be bad. The compressor is running and it is lukewarm.

FYI.. I have attached the schematics for my GE Monogram refrigerator.

Attachments

Last edited:

pglover19

Premium Member
After looking at some more threads on this forum, it looks like I need to wait until 24 hours elapsed after installing the new board to determine if the new board fixed my problem. I only waited 2 hours.. So I will definitely report back in the morning.

While I'm waiting, I would like to confirm whether control board # WR55X10942 is compatible with my model #.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I looked up that model number on three different parts sites and I come up with #WR55X11130. That number doesn't change. The correct board is :

These pinouts are the same as WR55X11130

WR55X10942-1.jpg

WR55X10942-2.jpg

pglover19

Premium Member
So the pinouts on the control board with part# WR55X10942 is the same as #WR55X11130.

Is that what you are saying?

rickgburton

Staff member
No, just the ones I gave you. Some of the connectors are the same from board to board.

pglover19

Premium Member
I have not received the new motherboard yet. However, I had a GE technician come today to diagnose my problem. He confirmed that I have a bad compressor.

Does that sound right? What is the part# for the compressor? Is a compressor replacement a DIY job or should I get GE to perform the repairs? The repair cost is around $800.

rickgburton

Staff member
Is a compressor replacement a DIY job
No, it requires special tools and equipment. You must also be certified by the EPA. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value. When you add the cost of a new board you're close to the price of a new machine. Keep in mind the rest of the machine is still over 10 years old.

pglover19

Premium Member
No, it requires special tools and equipment. You must also be certified by the EPA. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value. When you add the cost of a new board you're close to the price of a new machine. Keep in mind the rest of the machine is still over 10 years old.
Ok.. I received the new motherboard WR55X11130 and it has been running for 2 hours and the temperature has not dropped. I will run it for another 22 hours to see if it makes a difference.

Buying a new 36" built-in GE Monogram or Sub-Zero is around $8K - $10K. I understand your concerns that the other parts in the machine is still 10+ years old.

So what should I do?

rickgburton

Staff member
If it's been running for two hours and there's no cooling, the compressor is not pumping so it sounds like a bad compressor.

pglover19

Premium Member
If it's been running for two hours and there's no cooling, the compressor is not pumping so it sounds like a bad compressor.
Yes . It has been running for more than 2 hours and the temperatures has not dropped.

What is the typically repair cost for replacing the compressor on this model?