• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZICS360NMCRH GE Monogram 36" bottom freezer refrigerator - Freezer too warm @ 66F / Fridge @ 66 F Also

pglover19

Premium Member
Just curious.. What is the part number of the compressor/compressor kit for my model?

pglover19

Premium Member
Well.. The GE technician came by today to replace the compressor. After doing more analysis, he found a restriction in the refrigeration line and only replaced the Dryer component. The temperature in the refrigerator and freezer is coming down as I write this email. However, I do notice that the compressor is running is very warm. Maybe that is because the compressor is doing a lot of work right now to get the temperatures in the Fresh Food and Freezer section back down to the desired temperatures (0F, 37F).

Let me know if you see anything strange about the GE technician analysis or the compressor running very warm right now.

pglover19

Premium Member
Well.. It’s been almost 24 hours and the refrigerator is back working as normal. The desired temperatures has been reached and is maintaining as well. Ice is being made.

I will continue to monitor over the next week.

Thanks for your feedback and recommendations.

pglover19

Premium Member
Well... I'm having another issue with the refrigerator now. The Fresh Food section is maintaining temperate around 38F, but the freezer is now going up to 33F and will not go back down. I'm wondering if I need to replace the motherboard after all.

Please advise on some troubleshooting steps.

Last edited:

pglover19

Premium Member
Well the GE technician came yesterday. All the Freon has leaked out. The refrigeration system has a small leak. After performing some leak test, he told me that the leak is inside the sealed cabinet walls and there is nothing that can be done. Based on that feedback, it looks like I will be in the market for a new built-in refrigerator.

Is there anything I can do or check to confirm that the leak is inside in the cabinet wall?

In addition, if I had to purchase a new built-in refrigerator today, what brands are the most reliable? I am leaning toward Sub-Zero, however; they are so expensive.

pglover19

Premium Member
I'm looking at some more diagrams of the refrigeration system for this model number. Can someone please confirm that this is a sealed system and the refrigeration line runs through the sealed cabinet walls.