• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ZSC1001KSS01 GE Microwave - Intermittent glitchy display

FoothillsStar

Premium Member
Model Number
ZSC1001KSS01
Brand
GE
Customer's microwave has an intermittent glitchy display. They will trip the breaker off/on and it will work again for a while. My research indicated this was most likely the display board, called a digitron. I replaced this and it got worse, the interior light would not come on and there was no display at all. So I put theirs back in and it worked intermittently again. Assuming out of box failure I replaced the digitron again and again it did not work at all. So then I replace the main board and got the exact same behavior. Customer wants me to order the digitron a 3rd time but from a different vendor in case there was a 'batch' failure.
I don't know why it works better with the old part? Anybody seen odd behavior like this?

WB27X10856 DIGITRON
WB27X10858 CONTROL BOARD

Brand: General Electric
Type: Microwave Oven
Model: ZSC1001KSS01
Serial: FR900612K

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Anybody seen odd behavior like this?
A few times on this site. Usually with parts from eBay or Amazon. Where did you get it? This part?
ge-digitron-wb27x10856-ap3883432_01_l.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Good parts company. I use them all the time. Appliance parts company and Reliable parts are the only two I use.