• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

ZSC1001KSS01 Looking for a door hinge spring

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
ZSC1001KSS01
Brand
GE
I'm having some trouble finding a part for a microwave. I'm looking for the door hinge spring in the picture below. I'm not sure if I can get just the spring or if it comes with the hinge. Either way, I wasn't able to find it on the part diagram. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

hinge.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Are you sure that's the model number? That one uses a different spring than the one in your picture.

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Yeah that's the model. I ordered the only spring I saw in the diagram but it ended up being the spring for the door latch.

Model number.jpg

RKCRLR

Premium Member
I just started a thread and then noticed your thread. My GE Advantium 240 (model SCB2001KSS02) needs what looks like the same spring (same side even). Mine was only available as part of the hinge assembly (PN WB14X10040) which is no longer available.

Did you ever find a spring?

Brianswensen

Premium Member
I just started a thread and then noticed your thread. My GE Advantium 240 (model SCB2001KSS02) needs what looks like the same spring (same side even). Mine was only available as part of the hinge assembly (PN WB14X10040) which is no longer available.

Did you ever find a spring?
No I wasn't able to find it. You got further than I did by even finding a part number. I think they are gone forever.

RKCRLR

Premium Member
No I wasn't able to find it. You got further than I did by even finding a part number. I think they are gone forever.
I got a estimate to have some springs custom made from W.B Jones Spring Company (springsfast.com):

Will need sample to duplicate.

2 – 65.60 ea
5 – 30.65 ea
Ship 1 week

Are you interested in going in on having some made?

I sent them the following information:

Wire Dia: 0.150”
OD: 0.625”
Coil Length: 4.4”
End to End Length: 5.4”
Leg Length: 0.5”
Inside distance from hinge arm to reaction end in bracket: 4.8”
20 Coils

The legs are approximately 360 degrees apart. I can get a more accurate relationship by disassembling the good spring hinge.

Attachments

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Thanks for the offer. It was for a job I was working on a few months ago, but I think they ended up buying a new microwave so I won't need it anymore.

Christy1971

Premium Member
Maybe you can help me. I need the spring for the door latch on that model! Do you still have it? Or do you know how I can order just the spring? The full latch is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks for any help!
Chris